Tuesday 8 September 2015

Scorchio!

One thing i've not really mentioned is the weather whilst we're here.
Well, as the title suggestes it is scorchio.. like super scorchio!  Just before 9am here it was 72 degrees and it is creeping up. Going to be in the mid 90's today...
Chatting with various people last night in SLO and they all said that the heat is completely unexpected, way hotter than it usually is this time of year. I was kind of relieved to hear that as I was questioning my packing as I had chosen stuff on the basis of what I had read about the standard weather.
There are a few weather warnings it is that hot and sadly, since actually getting my case and access to my running shoes, I've not been able to get out as the heat is just too much....but we are doing lots of walking so I am getting some exercise though walking is hard going at times in this heat!

Anyway, we had a great night in SLO. We got chatting to so many people as everyone was really intrigued as to why we were in SLO (once they had heard our accents this is).
Dan is the funniest though he seems to get chatting to people in the most random way. Last night I came out of the 7/11 to find him further down the parking lot (yes I am getting fluent in American!) chatting away to some bloke!

So today it is one of the key sections on the West Coast leg of our road trip.. the Big Sur.  It's going to be spectacular I am sure.
After much discussion and debate we have agreed that we will spend the next two nights in Monterey.  We want to see Carmel and we had considered one night in Carmel and the other in Monterey but they are next door to each other so it is pretty pointless doing that..

which reminds me, I need to start checking out some hotels........


No comments:

Post a Comment